Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats cha

From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: source code editing using C-c ' (org-edit-special) eats characters
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:16:09 -0700

* On Tue 04:31PM, 23 Oct 2012, Nick Dokos (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hsiu-Khuern Tang <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry if this has been reported -- a brief search didn't turn up anything.
> >
> > Start with this 3-line org file:

> > #+begin_example
> >
> > #+end_example
> >
> > Do these steps:
> > - go to the 2nd line
> > - type C-c ' to edit the source example
> > - type some text in the new buffer, such as "test"
> > - type C-c ' to exit
> >
> > What I get is this:
> > #+begin_example  test#+end_example
> >
> > Anyone else able to reproduce this?

> It depends on what you type exactly: typing "test" with no extra
> newlines produces the result above for me. If I add newlines, I get
> "funny-looking" results with the #+END_EXAMPLE indented some.
>
> Since it does not know a language, the buffer is in fundamental mode
> and you get (modulo funny indentation perhaps) whatever you type.
>
> Nick

Thanks for checking.  The problem also shows up if I replace begin_example by
begin_src r (say), so it's not just because Org doesn't know the language.

Also, if I start with

#+begin_example
#+end_example

and repeat the above steps (but typing C-c ' on the /first/ line), the output
becomes

#+begin_exampl  test
  +end_example

Note that the last "e" of "begin_example" got dropped!

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.