Re: [O] [New exporter] Wrong export to LaTeX

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [New exporter] Wrong export to LaTeX
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:42:56 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Suvayu Ali wrote:
>>> However, I thought that LaTeX_CLASS had been renamed EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS, but
>>> when using the latter, I get frames inside an `article' documentclass type
>>> of
>>> document -- while using `C-c E l O' (for Beamer)? That results in a weird
>>> document...
>>
>> I believe that is the property name only for subtree export.  So when
>> exporting a file, use:
>>
>>   #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
>>
>> for subtree export use:
>>
>>   * Beamer presentation
>>     :PROPERTIES:
>>     :EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
>>     :END:
>
> Nicolas, do you confirm the fact that keywords differ whether they apply to
> the file or to a subtree?

Yes.

> If yes, wouldn't make sense to remove such a distinction, or (at the
> other extreme of the spectrum) to make all keywords share that same
> feature (prefixing with "EXPORT_" for subtrees)?

Note that it isn't a new feature from the new export engine, merely
a generalization from the old exporter, which already distinguished
#+DATE: and :EXPORT_DATE:, #+TITLE: and :EXPORT_TITLE:...

There's little incentive for users to create new keywords on the fly. On
the other hand, they may want to add node properties. That's why export
keywords should be made as simple as possible and export properties
should pollute as little namespace as possible.

Therefore, I think the current state is good. It will be properly
documented once the new exporter becomes mainstream (but the rule is
simple anyway).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou