Re: [O] Bib file path relative to home using tilde ~ in Ubuntu

From: Sanjib Sikder
Subject: Re: [O] Bib file path relative to home using tilde ~ in Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 22:47:00 +0530

Hi,

The following link says Emacs doesn't read .bashrc at all

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/auctex/2006-01/msg00085.html

any idea ?

My BIBINPUTS is not working.

I have put the following in my .bashrc file

export BIBINPUTS=".:$HOME/bib:"
export BSTINPUTS=".:$HOME/bst:"
export TEXINPUTS=".:$HOME/bib:"

Thanks
-----------------------------
Sanjib Sikder
Ph.D. Fellow
Chemical Engineering
IIT Bombay

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM, Sanjib Sikder <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I have put the following in my .bashrc file

export BIBINPUTS=".:$HOME/bib:"
export BSTINPUTS=".:$HOME/bst:"
export TEXINPUTS=".:$HOME/bib:"

where bib and bst are my two folders whose actual path are /home/USERNAME/bib for example.

But it is still not working.

Thanks

[I did one mistake, initially instead of placing these in .bashrc, i had run those in terminal. Is it causing any problem?]

-----------------------------
Sanjib Sikder
Ph.D. Fellow
Chemical Engineering
IIT Bombay

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Sanjib,

Sanjib Sikder <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Can I use the bib file path using tilde (~) when doing latex export ?
>
> for example, Why can not I use \bibliography{~/Bib/RefAbv} ?
> where my bibliography file name is RefAbv.bib
> It gives error : undefined citation
>
> I do not want to use \bibliography{/home/USERNAME/Bib/RefAbv}
>
> I use dropbox. So if I can use tilde , then synchronzation is perfect. I can
> work in any machine without changing the path of my bib files.
>
> Also I do not want to put the bib file in my working directory.
>
> I am using Ubuntu 12.04

Its more of bibtex not finding than org-export problem.

I have this in my .bashrc (~/git/bib is the folder I put my citations)

export BIBINPUTS=".:$HOME/git/bib:"
export BSTINPUTS=".:$HOME/git/bib:"
export TEXINPUTS=".:$HOME/git/bib:"

And in my org file I don't even give any path name..
\bibliographystyle{plain}
\bibliography{bibfile}

Thanks.,
--