Re: [O] [New exporter] Wrong export to LaTeX

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [New exporter] Wrong export to LaTeX
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:06:24 +0200

Hi Suvayu and Nicolas,

Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 07:54:02PM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

Explanation to my first problem: I was *missing* the require of org-e-beamer,
hence only got "plain" LaTeX back-end, and no extra menus for Beamer.

That's perfectly clear to me, now. Thanks.

> Let me clarify to see if I understood things correctly.
>
>>> However when I try to export to beamer (Seb's ECM) without the
>>>
>>>   (add-to-list 'org-e-latex-classes '("beamer" ...))
>>
>> With a minimal setup, the ECM won't export because the file explicitly
>> asks for a "beamer" class, which isn't defined.
>>
>> In other words, you can use Beamer back-end on any class, as long as
>> this class is defined in `org-e-latex-classes'. It doesn't have to be
>> named "beamer".
>
> Okay, I do follow this.  However, doesn't LaTeX_CLASS determine what
> goes into the \documentclass{class name} directive?  If so, does having
> \begin{frames}..\end{frames} in the exported tex make sense if the
> documentclass directive says, for example, article?
>
> What I'm getting at is, without the LaTeX_CLASS set to beamer, the
> crucial \documentclass{beamer} directive is missing and the exported
> LaTeX document won't be compilable[1].  Given the preceding comments are
> correct, I would then say having a "beamer" class already defined in
> org-e-beamer will save new users some trouble.  Is my analysis valid, or
> am I grossly wrong?

I have had once my ECM exported without the documentclass directive as well,
but I'm not 100% anymore of how I did it -- can't reproduce it right now.
Anyhow, this is still strange to me.

The important is that I now am able to compile the ECM with the new exporter
and get the desired results. Thanks!

However, I thought that LaTeX_CLASS had been renamed EXPORT_LaTeX_CLASS, but
when using the latter, I get frames inside an `article' documentclass type of
document -- while using `C-c E l O' (for Beamer)? That results in a weird
document...

Best regards,
  Seb

--