Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 09:31:29 +0200

Hi Achim,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
>> only =(require 'org)= is needed.
>
> You mean we must require Org in our .emacs file (instead of just loading the
> autoload definitions)?
>
> IIUC, (in my case at least) that could seriously impact the Emacs startup
> time?

Confirmed with Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-425-g8ec79b @
d:/home/sva/src/org-mode/lisp/).

Starting Emacs now requires ~18 seconds vs 2 seconds before.

Some culprits are:

  which I'm currently clocking and the ones I clocked in before, from the
  clock history?)

  fire up Emacs for doing non-Org related work, such as gnus-sum (hence, all
  of Gnus, along with MIME utils, URL stuff, etc.)

  (eval-after-load "org" ...).

Best regards,
  Seb

--