[O] upgraded emacs, now org-mode is broken in os x lion terminal

From: Harumph Frog
Subject: [O] upgraded emacs, now org-mode is broken in os x lion terminal
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:05:28 -0400

Hello!

I upgraded my emacs recently to 24.2 cocoa using homebrew, and now org-mode is pretty much useless in the terminal. The problem is more irritating than it would be if it didn't work at all, which would give me a clue as to how to fix it. When I'm editing a list (using the asterisk), and contract or expand the elements of the list (using tab), all kinds of weirdness occurs. Some list items will suddenly duplicate. Some list items will disappear completely. Items will be pushed way down the page, and then jump back up. This is all happening as I'm pushing nothing but tab.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled emacs using brew. I installed the latest version of org-mode (and confirmed that emacs was using it) without any change, so I switched back to the version that came with the latest release of emacs. I've done a lot of googling but can't find anyone who has had this problem with org-mode. Anyone have any ideas?

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 Emacs 24.2 org-version 7.8.11