Re: [O] Org Mode TOOD two way sync tool

From: Jonathan BISSON
Subject: Re: [O] Org Mode TOOD two way sync tool
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 19:48:58 +0000 (UTC)

Sriram Karra <karra.etc <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am the author of ASynK (http://karra-asynk.appspot.com), a PIM sync tool and
framework written in python that works across a variety of PIM providers such as
Outlook, Google and BBDB. I am considering extending ASynK to do a
bi-directional sync of Outlook tasks to Org Mode tasks. To be able to do this I
need a working read/write API for reading and creating TODOs in org mode.

> "Offline parsers"
>
> My first preference is to be able to parser org files without required Emacs -
this is the approach that I have implemented for BBDB sync. I considered
PyOrgMode (https://github.com/bjonnh/PyOrgMode/network), but it appears unable
to process TODOs, or even recurring events. To be able to extend PyOrgMode so I
can read and write TODOs, I needed a full description of the format of TODO
entries in all its forms. The Org manual itself has this information, I'm sure
but scattered all over the place, given its real audience. Can someone point me
to some sort of a concise representation, if any, of the org file format
grammar?

Hi,

I'm the maintener and creator of PyOrgMode, some contributors (that I can't
thanks enough there), added many TODO related enhancements to it. If you want to
give it a try, we may be able to work together in getting your needs included in
PyOrgMode.