Re: [O] Bug:install: cannot stat ‘org-install .elc’

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Bug:install: cannot stat ‘org-install .elc’
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:20:41 +0200

Achim Gratz writes:
> This can only happen if (fetaurep 'org-install) yields true.  In that
> case, something has been loading org-install.el and the warning should
> be given.  I can arrange for org-reload to filter these out,
> org-loaddefs needs special handling as well so I'm in there already.

A closer look at org-reload revealed that it didn't work as advertised
when files were compressed and/or the corresponding source files were
missing (Cygwin does that by default for instance, you have to install
the source files seperately).  Getting this right has been surprisingly
tricky (and uncovered a few bugs in Org and one or possibly two in
Emacs), so I'm pushing this to master only for now.  I think this should
go into Emacs 24.3 if no new bugs are reported, however.  Test results
and feedback welcome — pushed as 951589.

Regards,
Achim.