Re: [O] [org-mobile] iOS MobileOrg transition updates

From: Chris Trompette
Subject: Re: [O] [org-mobile] iOS MobileOrg transition updates
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:05:02 +0200

Kyle Sexton <address@hidden> wrote:

> ** Documentation for MobileOrg
> Confluence is an easy to use wiki system that we have been granted an
> open-source license for, but users may prefer something based on Worg
> for maintaining information.  Any preference which direction I should
> build the website?

I would say that Worg would be a more natural fit for this project
than Confluence. Writing documentation in org-mode would be far
better, and we could even use MobileOrg to edit it.

> ** Future development
> What are everyone's thoughts on the current status of MobileOrg
> development?  The Dropbox API currently in use is set to be
> deprecated, which means that portion will have to be rewritten.  Does
> anyone have experience with development kits like Titanium
> Appcelerator or PhoneGap?  Would moving to something like one
> of those projects help new developers get involved in the project or
> hinder?

I have no experience with Appcelerator, nor PhoneGap. I do not know
either if this would help new developers. Maybe we could consider it
later on.

> ** Features
> What features would everyone like to see added to the MobileOrg
> application?
>
> Some of the things I would like to see are:
>
> - UI updates to streamline information viewing and capture
> - Ability to capture photos and transfer them in the sync process
> - Siri integration (may not be possible or kludgy)
> - Calendar integration

I would add the possibility the integration with the notification
center for tasks with deadlines for instance.