Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails on redisplay of the agenda

From: Eric Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] org-agenda-diary-entry fails on redisplay of the agenda
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 14:06:10 +0930

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I am not entirely sure what you mean but I have tested this now with an
>> empty diary.org file (i.e. no tags at all in that file at least) and I
>> get:
>
> I've pushed a fix, please let me know if it solves your problem.

Hi Bastien,

Thanks for this.  Unfortunately, it does not fix the problem.  I have
updated to latest org version and get the same error, as near as I can
tell.

However, I have bitten the bullet and gone through my customisations to
remove all diary related entries.  After some bisecting, I have found
that one of my /advices/ was affecting org's diary entry process.  I
have disabled the advice (specifically, one used to propagate new diary
entries to my Outlook and Google calendars automatically) and the
problem has disappeared.

I must not be preserving the state as well as I expected in the advice
function.  <blush>  Why it worked before and not now, I have no
idea.  Yet.

Apologies for the noise.

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.2.50.1 and Org release_7.9.2-350-g934208