Re: [O] [Bug] org-capture datetree+prompt: wrong time (range) informatio

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] org-capture datetree+prompt: wrong time (range) information in timestamp (%T escape sequence)
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:00:20 +0200

Hi Gregor,

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:

> But there are two problems with the time information, which I
> consider to be bugs:
>
> 1) If I enter a time *range* at the prompt, the %T expands to the
>    time when I invoked the capture ("now") while the date is
>    still the entered day, not today.  This is a mixture of the
>    events date / recording time which I consider to be a bug.
>    Instead I expect to see the date and time range of the
>    appointment.

The %T specifier do not allow ranges.  I've changed the behavior
here so that, when the user specifies a time range, only the first
time spec is taken into account.

> 2) If I do not enter a time at all, since for instance the date
>    is not bound to a time (e.g. holiday, birthday) the %T also
>    expands to the time when I invoked the capture ("now") while
>    the date is still the entered day, not today.

The %T specifier _requires_ a time to be set (otherwise you would use
%t), but I agree the current time looks wrong here.  So this is now
00:00 instead.  This does not look perfect, but it's better IMHO.

Thanks for reporting these bugs.

Best,

--
 Bastien