Re: [O] Inline and executing the document

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Inline and executing the document
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 08:33:07 -0600

Neuwirth Erich <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for not reading the docs carefully enough.
> I had overlooked :results wrap
> But even with this options things behave strangely.
>
> src_emacs-lisp[:results wrap]{(+ 2 3)} :RESULTS:
> 5:END:
> :RESULTS:
> 5:END:
> :RESULTS:
> 5:END:
> :RESULTS:
> 5:END:
> :RESULTS:
> 5:END:

Inline code blocks are only meant for execution during export.  They
were added so that results of code blocks could be inserted inline in
blocks of prose.  An example like the above should use a regular code
block.

I would not be surprised if the manual is insufficiently clear on this
point.  If you could suggest a placement where wording such as the above
would have been helpful please let me know and I'll update the manual.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte