Re: [O] org-metaup / org-metadown nerfed in 7.9.1

From: Trevor Vartanoff
Subject: Re: [O] org-metaup / org-metadown nerfed in 7.9.1
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:44:03 -0400

Your explanation is useful. After some more experimenting, it looks like 7.8.11 accepts a return as the dividing line between "elements", but 7.9.1 only recognizes them as separate if there's an empty line between them.

Example: if I copy the first two lines of your email, I can shift "It is hard to understand..." to be after "When did you get the message...", but not if I delete the empty line between them.

And so, example 2, I was receiving "cannot drag element forward/backward" when I was in a heading with no line breaks. That is, a heading where paragraphs are separated with return + indent rather than a full line break of return + return.

(Behavior is identical when I start with an empty .emacs, for the record)

I suppose people who only write and handle text with Internet-style line breaks between paragraphs won't notice any change. Those who don't will either get "cannot" messages, or they will be quite surprised when org scans down, down, down for the next line break and ends up shifting 20 paragraphs as one element.