[O] Problem with paragraph fill / tab in lists

From: Anthony Lander
Subject: [O] Problem with paragraph fill / tab in lists
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:10:45 -0400

Hi List,

I just pulled org-mode today (Org-mode version 7.9.1 (release_7.9.1-244-g48ca87.dirty) and I'm seeing some strange behaviour with paragraph fill. Some examples:

If I start typing a definition list and let emacs wrap the text, I get this:

  - test :: dsfjknv sldfknv lksdjnv lksdjnv lksdjnv lkjsdv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv
            lkjnsdv lkjdsnv lkjnsdv lkjsndlv kjnsdv lkjsdnv lkjnsd lvkjsndv
            lkjsdn klvjsnd fvlkjsdnfv lksjdn vlksdjnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv
            lkjsnd

If I turn autofill off (so all the text goes on one line, and then I M-x fill-paragraph RET, I get this:

  - test :: dsfjknv sldfknv lksdjnv lksdjnv lksdjnv lkjsdv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv
    lkjnsdv lkjdsnv lkjnsdv lkjsndlv kjnsdv lkjsdnv lkjnsd lvkjsndv lkjsdn
    klvjsnd fvlkjsdnfv lksjdn vlksdjnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv lkjsnd

And if I take the above with the text lined up under the word "test", and I hit tab on the 2nd line, I get this:

  - test :: dsfjknv sldfknv lksdjnv lksdjnv lksdjnv lkjsdv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv
            lkjnsdv lkjdsnv lkjnsdv lkjsndlv kjnsdv lkjsdnv lkjnsd lvkjsndv lkjsdn
    klvjsnd fvlkjsdnfv lksjdn vlksdjnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv lkjsdnv lkjsnd

So it looks like autofill and tab indent are not doing the same thing. I *think* this started in 7.9. Or at least, I recall it working correctly in 7.8 :)

Thanks!

  -Anthony