[O] fill paragraph: math and latex environments

From: Albert Z. Wang
Subject: [O] fill paragraph: math and latex environments
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 12:14:38 -0400

Hello,

First off, thanks for this great piece of software!  It's made
document/markup management so much easier since I've discovered it.
I've just recently been having an issue I was wondering if anybody could
help with, namely, that fill-paragraph does not seem to work as
expected.

For display math equations delimited as
\[
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
\]
the equation gets folded inline -- seems to work fine with explicit
environments though ( \begin{equation*}...\end{equation*} ).  Has
anybody else experienced this?  Tweaking paragraph-start and
paragraph-separate do not seem to be doing the trick...

I just recently did a big update of the emacs system after a few months,
so it's possible there've been some relevant changes I'm unaware of, but
I wasn't able to find a solution by searching.

Thanks for any help!

--Albert