Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 20:18:03 +0200

Bastien writes:
>> Hmm… I'd rather avoid that since "+" is a reserved character in file
>> names on some systems.  How about orgplus?
>
> Looks fine to me.

I've just pushed a first implementation of an orgplus ELPA archive.

> Publishing new packages only when maint has been changed will already
> reduce some possible confusion, because each org-YYYYMMDD.tar package
> will correspond to the same version.

I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.  There are now two
ELPA packages — org and orgplus — that shouldn't be installed at the
same time.  I'm still thinking about Jambunathans suggestion to use
package dependencies, but I don't think that will allow me to specify
that a certain package version should not exist, either.

BTW, rolling more than one EPLA package per day is currently a bad idea.
There'd be multiple versions of that package with the same package
version.  We can't use the git status for this since it isn't orderable
so the package manager wouldn't know when there's a new version.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: