Re: [O] Creating Gantt charts by Exporting to TaskJuggler 3.3.0

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Creating Gantt charts by Exporting to TaskJuggler 3.3.0
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:38:58 +0200

Hi Buddy,

Buddy Butterfly wrote:
> Am 14.09.2012 15:13, schrieb Sebastien Vauban:
>> I'm trying to use the export to TJ3 on Windows (I installed Ruby from
>> Cygwin),
>> but don't succeed to get the first view of the project, as shown on
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler.html.

>> TaskJuggler v3.3.0 - A Project Management Software
>>
>> Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
>>               by Chris Schlaeger <address@hidden>
>>
>> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
>> the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the
>> Free Software Foundation.
>>
>> org-tj3.tjp:11: Error: allocations is not a known attribute for this property
>>  purge allocations
>> org-tj3.tjp:70: Warning: The keyword 'hierarchindex' has been deprecated!
>> See the reference manual for details.
>>   columns hierarchindex
>> org-tj3.tjp:70: Warning: The keyword 'completed' has been deprecated! See
>> the reference manual for details.
>>   columns hierarchindex, name, start, end, effort, duration, completed
>> org-tj3.tjp:77: Error: Unexpected token 'utilization' found. Expecting one
>> of 'activetasks', 'annualleave', 'annualleavebalance', 'alert',
>> 'alertmessages', 'alertsummaries', 'alerttrend', 'balance', 'bsi', 'chart',
>> 'closedtasks', 'complete', 'completed', 'criticalness', 'cost', 'daily',
>> 'directreports', 'duration', 'duties', 'efficiency', 'effort', 'effortdone',
>> 'effortleft', 'email', 'end', 'flags', 'followers', 'freetime', 'freework',
>> 'fte', 'gauge', 'headcount', 'hierarchindex', 'hourly', 'id', 'index',
>> 'inputs', 'journal', 'journal_sub', 'journalmessages', 'journalsummaries',
>> 'line', 'managers', 'maxend', 'maxstart', 'minend', 'minstart', 'monthly',
>> 'no', 'name', 'note', 'opentasks', 'pathcriticalness', 'precursors',
>> 'priority', 'quarterly', 'rate', 'reports', 'resources', 'responsible',
>> 'revenue', 'scenario', 'seqno', 'sickleave', 'specialleave', 'start',
>> 'status', 'targets', 'wbs', 'unpaidleave', 'weekly', 'yearly' columns no,
>> name, utilization
>>
>> So, it seems that the output file is not up-to-date (tj v3.3.0), or do I miss
>> something?
>
> tj3 support is still buggy. And tj export gets confused with the task_id
> tags. It does not generate unique IDs nor does it have manual ID marking. So
> it gets scrampled. So, for a bigger project it does not really work.
>
> Verify to use
>
> *Org Export Taskjuggler Target Version: ...
> *Org Export Taskjuggler Default Global Properties: ...
> *Org Export Taskjuggler Default Reports: ...

I'm going further:

TaskJuggler v3.3.0 - A Project Management Software

Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
              by Chris Schlaeger <address@hidden>

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation.

Reading file org-tj3.tjp                                     [      Done      ]
Preparing scenario Plan Scenario                             [      Done      ]
Scheduling scenario Plan Scenario                            [      Done      ]
Checking scenario Plan Scenario                              [      Done      ]
org-tj3.tjp:103: Warning: The report frame has no 'balance' defined. No cost or
revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:109: Warning: The report frame.index has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:114: Warning: The report frame.report3 has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:127: Warning: The report frame.development has no 'balance'
defined. No cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:132: Warning: The report frame.report5 has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:137: Warning: The report frame.report6 has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:190: Warning: The report status has no 'balance' defined. No cost
or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:198: Warning: The report status.dashboard has no 'balance' defined.
No cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:213: Warning: The report status.completed has no 'balance' defined.
No cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:217: Warning: The report status.ongoing has no 'balance' defined.
No cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:221: Warning: The report status.future has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:228: Warning: The report development has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:238: Warning: The report contactList has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
org-tj3.tjp:251: Warning: The report resourceGraph has no 'balance' defined. No
cost or revenue computation will be possible.
Report Overview                                              [      Done      ]
Report Status                                                [      Done      ]
Report Development                                           [      Done      ]
Report ContactList                                           [      Done      ]
Report ResourceGraph                                         [      Done      ]

But no GUI or whatever gets launched!?

Best regards,
  Seb

--