[O] How to get graphs to display inline (immediately upon creation)?

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: [O] How to get graphs to display inline (immediately upon creation)?
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 19:39:15 -0700

I'm using Org-mode version 7.9.1 (release_7.9.1-154-g659be3 @
c:/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/lisp/)

I'd like to use org mode to display inline graphs, but am having some trouble.
Here's a sample org file (with results block), which creates a single plot
using R:

-----------------

#+TITLE:   Test plot
#+PROPERTY: session *R*

* Sample plot in R

#+begin_src R :exports both :results graphics :file img.png
hist(rnorm(40))
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
[[file:img.png]]

---------------

I'd like the graph to appear inline immediately when I press C-c C-c to execute
the code block. However, all I get is the result block shown. I can use

#+STARTUP: inlineimages

to show the graph when I first load the org file, and I can press C-c C-x C-v
to turn on inline displaying if it's off, but even when it's turned on, the
graph doesn't display inline if I press C-c C-c again. In fact, I then have to
press C-c C-x C-v *twice* (once to turn inline display off, and once to turn it
back on again) to get the graph to display.

How can I get inline graphs to display inline the moment they've been created?

Thanks.

Richard Stanton