[O] Org-babel and octave/Matlab?

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Org-babel and octave/Matlab?
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 21:05:55 -0500

Just getting into Octave and wanted to give Orgmode a whirl. The Worg
page is a bit sparse and I'm having a tough time getting things to
work.

- Originally, it wasn't finding octave at all. Per a previous long and
arduous discussion with the list about setting up R on Win 7, I was
able to take a hint and set =org-babel-octave-shell-command=.
- If I then tried setting =:session=, I got this error:
----------
'octave' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
----------

This would leave an =inferior-octave= buffer open, so I checked around
and there was an =inferior-octave-command= variable which I set to the
octave bin directory.

Now, executing a block opens a background octave buffer, but the
results don't seem to behave with babel. Is this the "right" way to be
doing this, or is inferior-octave something totally different. Is
there a way to use babel, :session, and Org-mode "as usual" with
octave?

Thanks,
John