Re: [O] [OT] How do you read/manage your mailing lists/newsgroups ?

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:32:38 -0500

Hi Bastien,

I wil play with Gnus with the setup you mention, seems like a good option.

Thanks!

- Marcelo.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> I still didn't find a good way to manage my mailing lists,
> I'm definitely not satisfied with my current setup.

Many FLOSS mailing lists are also "newsgroups on gmane" -- so
you can simply launch your favorite nntp reader and read/post.

> How do you manage your mailing list/newsgroups: what tool(s) do you
> use and what's your workflow? It'd be nice if one could centralize
> reading in one place, perhaps by using emacs as a client, but without
> eating a lot of disk space.

I use Gnus for nntp, I cannot to Gmane et voilà!

I also use Gnus + http://gwene.org for reading RSS feeds...
which is just *great*.

HTH,

--