Re: [O] Batch execution and --script

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Batch execution and --script
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 12:50:40 -0500

Sure!

Bear in mind I'm not an elisp expert, and I got it working after a lot of trial and error. I'm using this script as part of a quickblogging engine I'm writing for org (still testing, will share once it works as expected) so that I can blog from directly from my journal org file to a jekyll blog.

I also created a new function based off org-export-generic called org-export-generic-markdown which can be called in a non-interactive way, so that it could work from the script.

The script basically exports a specific org file to markdown (in the same dir the org file is located). Now I want to make it accept command-line arguments. I will check it out tonight.

Here it goes:

http://pastie.org/4611632

This is pretty powerful, as you can also return data from the script by using princ. I can imagine millions of ways this could be used to integrate org with other apps/languages.

- Marcelo.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Nick Daly <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Regarding this: http://orgmode.org/manual/Batch-execution.html
>
> I also had success using --script, as in:
>
> #!/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --script
>
> In the top of a .el file. You can then chmod it to be executable and run it.

Would you mind sharing a simple .el file you'd use that way?  The
site's example is a bash script, and I wonder how much cleaner a .el
file would be.

Nick