Re: [O] Features and stuff I've been working on.

From: Luis Anaya
Subject: Re: [O] Features and stuff I've been working on.
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:17:09 -0400

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Aloha Luis,

Aloha islander! :)

> The babel documentation at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages.html encourages

Thanks a lot, I'll go through it.

> Maintenance seems always to be an issue.  Several language support files
> currently lack a maintainer.  Would you be able to maintain those files
> if they go into core?

This is a fair concern, for that I would say, yes, but I cannot predict
the future. My current job allows me to have side projects being there's
a lot of "hurry up and wait". (Tomorrow I'll be on hurry up mode :( )

With that said, my personal view is that ob-tcl should be included being
that is a common language used in many applications. I'm on the fence on
mathomatic being that there's already plenty alternatives, but I would
say yeah, sure.  These need to be cleaned up, hence I appreciate you
forwarding me the documentation link.

Number of line of code is fairly modest on these. Unless there are API
changes they should remain fairly stable after clean up. (IMHO).

Newlisp and JLang happen to be fairly fringe languages. (C'mon +/%# =
average?! :) ) and should belong to contrib, or be made available out of
org, which they can be maintained on a secondary basis for those who use
them.

My 2 cents...

--
Luis R. Anaya