Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:12:13 -0400

A bug, perhaps ELPA related.  Sorry to be so brief but I've got to run
soon to the station.  I'm going to be tied up for the next week, but if
it's not figured out by then, I'll have time to look in more detail.

I confirmed this on Linux, Mac, and Windows, all emacs 24.1.  All
respond the same.

I decided to try ELPA to upgrade in place for the first time, and used
it to upgrade to the latest org 7.9.  No apparent errors there.  (good
work BTW).

Tests:
 - proper org-version? yes 7.9, no problems reported
 - [f8] to trigger a capture I get the error:

org-capture-select-template: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-contextualize-keys

In my .emacs I've got

(define-key global-map [f8] 'org-capture)

Sorry I don't have time to track this down further.  I'm guessing either
a problem with ELPA packaging or a default value for the new context
stuff that is not ready for the 'org-capture to be the very first thing
done from the emacs startup buffer.  Meanwhile, I dropped back to 7.8.11
until I can figure it out.

R Horn
address@hidden