Re: [O] I can't make work 'startup hidestars'

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: [O] I can't make work 'startup hidestars'
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 21:56:06 -0400

Ashfaq <address@hidden> writes:

> However, as I wanted to indent too, it added extra stars in the
> line. To be precise, each line has now (2 * line_no -1) no. stars. Why
> is it like this?

I have no idea. I haven't ran Emacs in a console, let along through ssh,
in a couple of years. These days I connect to my machine with vnc
through an ssh tunnel. Maybe someone with more experience with emacs in
a console can help you. Alternatively, you might just want to bite the
bullet and use vnc.

Charles

--
"The move was on to 'Free the Lizard'"

  -- Jim Hamerly and Tom Paquin (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)