[O] Projects in workflow/agenda setup question

From: Nathan Neff
Subject: [O] Projects in workflow/agenda setup question
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 18:29:20 -0500

I gather that lots of org-mode users have the concept of a "project" --
I mean, there's examples of a "project" agenda command in the org-mode
documentation, so this is obviously a very familiar subject.

I'm trying to get my custom agenda commands set up so that
I can do the following:

1) See projects (collections of TODOs) that are currently
"active" or "started"
2) Drill down into those projects quickly and see the remaining TODOs

Sounds simple, right?  So, I have an agenda view that looks for
headlines with the tag "project", that are in a "started" todo-state.
I've configured the "project" tag so it does not cascade/get inherited
by sub-headlines.  This
gives me a nice overview on the projects that I am currently working on.
This part works fine, and I get something like the following from my
custom agenda:

* started Project 1         :project:
* started Project 2         :project:

Now, I'd like to define a workflow for jumping to those projects and quickly
seeing what needs to be done.  In other words, any TODOs that are children
of the respective project that I'm interested in.

The problem I'm currently facing is that when I navigate to a project headline,
and run the Agenda to show me the TODOs, that the agenda doesn't show TODOs that
are scheduled.  For example, if I narrow the agenda to * Project 1 and
then press "t" to show all the TODOs, then
I only see Task 1, and I'd like to see Task 2.

* Project 1
** todo Task 1
** todo Task 2
   <scheduled blah blah>

I think that this is such a wide use-case that I would ask the mailing
list how you implement
this concept of viewing current projects and then drilling down to see
what's left to do.  I know that
Bernt Hanson has a great workflow, and I use a lot of his custom
solutions, but his project
stuff is a little over my head.

Any thoughts?  Please just post links if there's some good
conversations that I've missed on the mailing lists.

Thanks,
--Nate