Re: [O] new exporter and latex attributes

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter and latex attributes
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:27:05 +0200

Hello,

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

> BUT, if the source block is not named then a duplicate results will be
> created above the current results block w/ the attribute header when
> the source block is re-evaluated.

That's correct.

For convenience, Babel might copy src-block attributes to the generated
results upon block evaluation. It would be strange though: do both
src-block and results have to share the same caption, the same label..?
We could limit copy to ATTR keywords, perhaps. I feel it's hackish,
though.

> I guess it's acceptable to require all source blocks to be named if
> you want to have header attributes associated with the generated
> results, but this is a significant incompatible change from the
> behavior of the current exporter...

There are a few incompatible changes, indeed. You can't make an omelette
without breaking eggs.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou