Re: [O] Arbitrary colouration of words/sentences etc. in HTML export?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Arbitrary colouration of words/sentences etc. in HTML export?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:05:46 -0600

Jos'h Fuller <Jos'address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any good quick and /simple/ way to drop an arbitrary colour on a
> sequence of characters that will show up in the exported HTML page?
>
> I have introduced a colleague to org-mode for generating
> documentation, however they want to use multiple colours to highlight
> different terms. Adding a CSS style rule for *bold* is OK, but it
> would be nice to do other colours without rendering the other common
> styles (/i/, _underscore_, etc.) useless. Something like:
>
>     #+HTML: <span class="greenish">
>     Greenword
>     #+HTML: </span>
>
> or even this:
>
>     @<span style="color: green"> Greenword @</span>
>
> is far too clumsy. Especially since they're using it partly so they don't
> have to deal with HTML.
>
> Any better way to do this?

Hi Jos'h,

Add the following to your Emacs config,

    ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
    (org-add-link-type
     "color"
     (lambda (path)
       (message (concat "color "
                        (progn (add-text-properties
                                0 (length path)
                                (list 'face `((t (:foreground ,path))))
                                path) path))))
     (lambda (path desc format)
       (cond
        ((eq format 'html)
         (format "<span style=\"color:%s;\">%s</span>" path desc))
        ((eq format 'latex)
         (format "{\\color{%s}%s}" path desc)))))

and then you can use [[color:red][in red]] for colored export.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte