Re: [O] Faces interaction between org-mode and emacs24

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Faces interaction between org-mode and emacs24
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 17:13:33 +0200

Hi Jay,

Jay McCarthy <address@hidden> writes:

> I recently upgraded from emacs23 to emacs24, using the current git
> version of org-mode with both (current = e4c4d85). I am now
> experiencing something odd.
>
> If I open up the org-agenda to see my TODOs, the node titles are
> colored one way (red for late, gray for future, etc). I have this
> color setup using the org-agenda-before-sorting-filter-function
> variable, it basically looks at the deadline time and then calls
> put-text-property to give the text a new 'face property. You can see
> the code here:
>
> https://github.com/jeapostrophe/exp/blob/master/.emacs.el#L627 (it
> goes to about line 736)
>
> This worked great in emacs23. But now with emacs24, the colors are
> only correct when I first start emacs and load the agenda the first
> time. If I ever go to visit a TODO item in the org buffer (for
> example, by pressing <Tab>) then the color of the item from the org
> buffer appears in the agenda. For example, if something is one level
> deep (*) then it becomes blue-ish, even though my filtering function
> has change the face to be red.

I assume the above is with column-mode turned on, right?

> If I put my cursor in the org-buffer on the item and describe its
> text-properties, then I get the face to be, for example 'org-level-6,
> but if I go to the org-agenda and put my cursor on the text, I see
> that the face is 'due (what it is supposed to be)
>
> Even stranger, if I am in the org-agenda and turn OFF column mode
> (org-columns), then I see the "correct" colors of all the items. It is
> just in column mode that I see the colors from the org buffer.
>
> I was able to fix this with the following patch:

... otherwise I don't see why just fixing `org-columns-new-overlay'
should fix the first situation you describe.

I under the idea behind the patch but I'd like to make sure there is
nothing more than this.  Perhaps a simple reproducible example?

Thanks!

--
 Bastien