Re: [O] org-link minor mode

From: Sean O'Halpin
Subject: Re: [O] org-link minor mode
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 05:07:56 +0100

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Sean O'Halpin" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been hacking this weekend to try to create a minor mode that
>> enables org-mode bracket links in modes other than org-mode.
[snip]
> Yes.  This might especially be useful in modes where people use
> orgstruct as well -- and could well end up being part of orgstruct,
> if that's not too invasive.

I see it as orthogonal to orgstruct - they could happily co-exist side by side.
I've just tested that though and it seems they don't. I'll try to fix that.

>> I'm not sure how to prevent turning on org-link-minor-mode
>> from an org-mode buffer

> Simply use
>
> (unless (derived-mode-p 'org-mode)
>
> on the top of your function?

Thanks - I used your suggestion as you can see here:

https://github.com/seanohalpin/org-link-minor-mode/blob/master/org-link-minor-mode.el

I realised the problem I had was that I can't prevent entering the minor mode
because by the time I check for org-mode, the minor mode has already been
entered so I have to turn it off again.

BTW, I've refactored the code to simplify it and added more link types.

Regards,
Sean