[O] new tag query parser (re)introduction

From: Christopher Genovese
Subject: [O] new tag query parser (re)introduction
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 23:54:48 -0400

At Bastien's urging, I'm (re)posting about my new tag query parser
implementation in what I hope are clearer, more digestible, and more
actionable pieces. My next few posts will be:

  1. The motivating issues .
  2. Some bugs/limitations in the current parser.
  3. The new code and how to use/test it.  [code attached]
  4. A few illuminating examples.
  5. A (very) brief guide to the code.

I'll keep them each brief. Please let me know if you have any
questions, comments, or problems.

The code has been updated a bit from what I posted earlier. The test
interface (separate from the main code) has one command to run all the
tests and display the results nicely and a command to switch between new
and original parsers to make it easier for people to try and compare
them. But more on that in Part 3.

Thanks for your help.

    Regards,

      Christopher