Re: [O] Org Build System (aka Makefile)

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Org Build System (aka Makefile)
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:56:46 +0200

Hi Achim,

it is not a matter of taking over the build system, it is a matter
of making it simple for the users and useful for the developers.

At least two of the core developers here want `make compile-single'
and don't want to edit local.mk to do so.

The reverts I did were just for this to be the case.

If a majority of developers want a _COMPILE_ variable or whatever,
I'll happily let you implement it.

The decision I took of getting rid of the elint targets is perhaps
more controversial, but I think elint targets are more gadgets than
anything else right now, and potentially disconcerting ones.

You sound a bit angry at me, which I'm sorry to read.  FWIW, I 100%
acknowledge your sense of rigor and completeness and the way you can
handle complex stuff -- but as a maintainer, I also try to focus on
simplicity.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien