Re: [O] Using org-mode as day planner

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-mode as day planner
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:09:12 +0200

Hi Jack,

Jack Erwin <address@hidden> writes:

> So, a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Is this a sane approach?  My elisp is average at best, and the
> org-mode devs could probably think of a more graceful way to do this.

I don't know.

If I were you, I would give Org a little more time before trying to
make it behave as planner behaves.

Also, you might be interested in org-datetree.el, which helps storing
things relatively to a date, which sounds a bit more `à la planner'.

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=blob_plain;f=lisp/org-datetree.el;hb=HEAD

> 2) Is there a reason that the org-agenda-after-show-hook is only called
> when using org-agenda-goto and not org-agenda-switch-to, or is this a
> bug?

A leftover, fixed now, thanks!

--
 Bastien