Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 23:11:18 +0900

Hey Christopher,

>    * All entries are unfolded one level
>    ** Only "hidden" properties with other content
>       This is more content
>
> The ":PROPERTIES:" is not shown.

I left it there, because some people claimed the dislike to hide
property drawers to much. A different face colour might be a good
compromise.

> Question -- are you proposing a new step in cycling that opens all property
> drawers, or is this already available via some command or setting?  I've
> never seen a way to open everything including PROPERTIES via Tab or S-Tab
> cycling.

No, I do not know how to open drawers by tab-cycling and would not
propose it. This view is just to show the most verbose way by open
each property drawer in addition manually.

The nice part on this solution, change the properties in the
HIDDEN_PROP line and you can get a complete different view only focus
on what is important for a certain task. It would rather easy to adapt
it quickly to the different requirements. I believe this goes even
further rather then only hide "technical" properties. E.g. entries
with many properties could be limited to show only what you are
working on.
See for example the following entry which I stole from Thomas S. Dyes
post about org-bibtex.el

** {Cultural Resources of Naval Air Station, Barbers
    :PROPERTIES:
    :TYPE:     book
    :CUSTOM_ID: tuggle94:_cultur_resour_naval_air_station_barber_point
    :MONTH:    December}
    :ADDRESS:  Honolulu
    :SERIES:   Prepared for Belt Collins Hawaii
    :YEAR:     1994
    :PUBLISHER: iarii
    :AUTHOR:   {H. David Tuggle and M. J. Tomonari-Tuggle}
    :END:

This has many properties. If you have hundred of this entries you
might be interested to see only AUTHOR and YEAR line for some task. I
am aware of the column view but with the proposed method people could
get a plain text view only showing what they just need. If the
HIDDEN_PROP line could include regular expressions one could even
negate a list to get a "hide all but" behavior. To get

** {Cultural Resources of Naval Air Station, Barbers
    :PROPERTIES:
    :YEAR:     1994
    :AUTHOR:   {H. David Tuggle and M. J. Tomonari-Tuggle
    :END:

You simple would have to add #+HIDDEN_PROP: ^[YEAR AUHOR]

Torsten