Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?

From: Ilya Shlyakhter
Subject: Re: [O] are super-hidden technical blocks required?
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:10:52 -0400

On 7/31/2012 9:23 AM, Robert Horn wrote:
I agree.  The real use needs more clarification.  Things like ID are
already well hidden as :PROPERTIES: until the user explicitly opens the
drawer for viewing.  I don't understand the need to hide those further, so
a better explanation of why is needed.

One common use would be to store the creation & last-modification dates of each entry. I've tried various ways of doing it and they all were too obtrusive to use on _every_ entry. Time-stamping of all entries
would be extremely useful, just as time-stamping of files is.
But I don't want to see the timestamps during normal Org usage.