Re: [O] Proposal: starting of parallel asynchronous shell processes

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal: starting of parallel asynchronous shell processes
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 18:28:40 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> BTW: are you aware of  emacs-async at:
>
>   https://github.com/jwiegley/emacs-async

Yes.

> It mainly make sense with time-consuming processes, though.  I think
> John is trying to push it to Emacs-core.

Not only with time-consuming processes, but for processes that are
triggered by a program rather than by the user directly.

Async shell commands in Org are always triggered directly by the user
when he opens a shell link -- so allowing async processes is just a
small convenience and should happen not very often, async is to big
of a hammer for this.

But I certainly hope John's proof of concept will made his way,
either in Emacs or in Emacs maintainers imagination!

--
 Bastien