[O] Escaping of non-ascii characters in links

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: [O] Escaping of non-ascii characters in links
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:23:24 +0200

Hi list!

Is there a variable that makes org-mode not escape non-ascii characters in links? Right now when I'm entering a link with eg. an ö in it (or a space for that matter!) the link is automatically converted and the link description contains the non-ascii keyword.

Example: Using C-c C-l to enter a link to "ö" gives:

[[%C3%B6][ö]]

I would like to not have the choice of normal behavior even if non-ascii characters are used (giving me [[ö]]). Is there one at the moment? If not, consider this a feature request =)

Regards
Gustav