[O] Reftex in Org-Mode exporting and recognizing figures or equations

From: Jeffrey Spencer
Subject: [O] Reftex in Org-Mode exporting and recognizing figures or equations
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 13:39:45 +1000

1) I was wondering if anyone has got the reftex feature of easily recognizing the figures and equations to insert as a ref command to work in org-mode.

2) Also I had seen on a website that you can use the command to get org-mode type citations. This seems to export to latex as a \ref command with citep in the middle (eg. \ref{citep}).
(reftex-set-cite-format
    "[[citep][%l]]")
This doesn't seem to work for me but maybe I'm doing something wrong.