Re: [O] implement appt warntime

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] implement appt warntime
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:10:33 +0200

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

> I had a look at org-notify.el. It's over engineered for my need. If you
> recall I submitted a patch that added warntime on the header. It's not
> pretty but it works for me.
>
> I could use properties instead. For example:
>
> ** an appointment with a reminder 5 minutes before 10:00
>    SCHEDULED: <2012-07-16 Mon 10:00>
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :WARNTIME: 5
>   :END:

I've implemented something along this idea, using APPT_WARNTIME instead
to make sure this is only useful when adding the entry to the list of
apptointment with `appt-add'.

Also, "W" is a new speedy command to insert this property quickly.

Please test and report any problem.

Note that Emacs >=23.3 is needed for this to work properly.

Thanks for this idea!

--
 Bastien