Re: [O] Export to Texinfo

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Export to Texinfo
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:45:44 -0400

On 31 July 2012 18:35, Jonathan Leech-Pepin
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I've done some further work on the org-e-texinfo exporter and have
>>> gotten it to a point where it should be usable with only a few
>>> shortcomings.
>>
>> Thanks for your work. I hope that you will get feedback on it.
>>
>>> - Two-column tables are restricted to a single "indicating" command,
>>>   defined by ~org-e-texinfo-def-table-markup~.  I'm not sure how to
>>>   get around these limitations since they are created from description
>>>   lists (which do not recognize #+attr lines).
>>
>> What makes you think they don't?  Plain lists accept affiliated
>> keywords, items don't.
>>
> I thought I'd tested them against a plain list when trying to find a
> way around that limitation.  I'll have to try again tomorrow so that I
> can eliminate the limitations still present regarding descriptive
> lists.

I've just added changes to make use of #+attr_texinfo: with
descriptive lists.  Thank you for making me revisit this.  It accepts
two attributes at the moment:

- :table-type :: This accepts one of the following: "table" "ftable"
"vtable".  If the value is not one of these it will default to "table"
- :indic :: This is the markup to be used on the first column of the
table.  It requires the "@" prefix to the command to be used.

>>> Prior to exporting the following must be evaluated:
>>>
>>>   (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
>>>                '("info" . "e-texinfo"))
>>
>> Again, this is an user-oriented variable. You don't need it to accept
>> @@info:...@@ export snippets and you shouldn't require the user to set
>> it.
>>
> Usually no, but the sample (orgguide.org) document uses @@info:...@@
> to create @kbd, @key and @samp output, without it the document will
> fail to export correctly (especially since @ is used for texinfo
> commands).
>
> I suppose I should have clarified that those two commands were
> required prior to exporting that specific document (for testing and
> demonstration purposes).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Nicolas Goaziou