Re: [O] Export to Texinfo

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] Export to Texinfo
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:35:19 -0400

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:18 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jonathan Leech-Pepin <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've done some further work on the org-e-texinfo exporter and have
>> gotten it to a point where it should be usable with only a few
>> shortcomings.
>
> Thanks for your work. I hope that you will get feedback on it.
>
>> - Two-column tables are restricted to a single "indicating" command,
>>   defined by ~org-e-texinfo-def-table-markup~.  I'm not sure how to
>>   get around these limitations since they are created from description
>>   lists (which do not recognize #+attr lines).
>
> What makes you think they don't?  Plain lists accept affiliated
> keywords, items don't.

I thought I'd tested them against a plain list when trying to find a
way around that limitation.  I'll have to try again tomorrow so that I
can eliminate the limitations still present regarding descriptive
lists.

>> Prior to exporting the following must be evaluated:
>>
>>   (add-to-list 'org-export-snippet-translation-alist
>>                '("info" . "e-texinfo"))
>
> Again, this is an user-oriented variable. You don't need it to accept
> @@info:...@@ export snippets and you shouldn't require the user to set
> it.

Usually no, but the sample (orgguide.org) document uses @@info:...@@
to create @kbd, @key and @samp output, without it the document will
fail to export correctly (especially since @ is used for texinfo
commands).

I suppose I should have clarified that those two commands were
required prior to exporting that specific document (for testing and
demonstration purposes).

> Regards,
>
> --
> Nicolas Goaziou