[O] several column view dynamic block on sparse tree

From: Jacob Riko
Subject: [O] several column view dynamic block on sparse tree
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:27:57 +0200

Hi,

I would like to do have several dynamic blocks, that each works for a specific
tag and captures a time-summing column view on the sparse tree of the file
matching the current tag.

In other words, I would like to write something like this:

#+BEGIN: columnview :id global :width t :skip-empty-rows t :contents "%45ITEM
%10Time{:}" :match TAG1
#+END

#+BEGIN: columnview :id global :width t :skip-empty-rows t :contents "%45ITEM
%10Time{:}" :match TAG2
#+END

What is the right way to do this in org-mode?
I have been looking in the documentation and FAQ, but I did not get anywhere.

Background:

I am currently designing two university courses that cover roughly the same
topics.  I would like to do the topic selection, time estimation (time needed
for a topic in class, time to solve an exercise) and scheduling (which
topic/exercise/..) to do in which class/week in one org-mode file that has as
the main tree a topic tree.
My idea was to have tags to identify topics I would do in a certain course, and
a family of tags (like courseA_a, courseA_b) to tag things I would do in a
certain lecture.
Now I could (with the above constructs) extract the topics and time-estimates
for the two different courses, and even for the single lectures of each course,
or the single weeks of assigned homeworks for the different courses.

Is this a reasonable setup?

Any comment or help is appreciated.

Riko

--