Re: [O] [ANN] Markdown export back-end in contrib

From: Luis Anaya
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Markdown export back-end in contrib
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:20:17 -0400

Luis Anaya <address@hidden> writes:

>> You can use `org-md-export-as-markdown' and `org-md-export-to-markdown'
>> functions to test it.

Well, it works... but hashes are being problematic. They append an
initial \ at some of the levels. I went through the code and I saw that
this is being handled through a regular expression substitution, however
for some reasons this initial \ is escaping. (it may be a feature
though).

As an enhancement, you might want to provide an option to use setext
convention to markdown headers in addition to the use of hashes.  Just in case
a given site is limited to that markdown style.

For setext markdown
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
First Headers are marked like this

Subsequent headers are marked like this