Re: [O] new exporter

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:35:11 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> 2 unexpected results:
>>    FAILED  test-org-element/parent-property
>>    FAILED  test-org-element/set-element
>
> I cannot get those. Have you tried with a recent Org (i.e. post
> 95cd07d058da79cb1767946dba6e4b9128a3a702)?

I used whatever I had pulled yesterday... again, that failure happens
only with Emacs 23, which may well be a bug in that version or the
particular build.  It actually got worse in that I can't seem to find an
eval limit that works today, so the corruption that backtraced yesterday is
gone and I now have a truly infinite recursion apparently.

The current test suite gives the following failure on Emacs 24, probably
a fallout from the changes you did to the timestamp handling:

1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  test-org-element/timestamp-interpreter

Otherwise the same tests that are failing on Emacs 23 are clean on
Emacs 24.

>> ...but still not the error you've been reporting.
>
> I also cannot anymore. I suppose I had fumbled with hard links
> (i.e. forgetting to remove the previous one).

Git will unlink them each time something changes at the original place
and you are left with an inconsistent set of sources.  You really need
to remove and copy (or link) them each time you do a new checkout with
Git; but add this to local.mk and make will do it for you each time you
do a compile:

compile::
        $(CP) contrib/lisp/org-{export,element,e-*}.el lisp/
cleanall:       cleanexporter
cleanexporter:
        $(RM) lisp/org-{export,element,e-*}.{el,elc}

If you want to switch back to a branch that doesn't use the new
exporter, remember to do a cleanall.  BTW, I've added a description of
how to use multiple local.mk setups (for different Emacsen or different
test setups) on Worg.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: