Re: [O] fast todo kw / -> x

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] fast todo kw / -> x
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 10:12:04 -0700

On 7/14/12, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> I updated a docstring and a part of the manual to make it
> clearer only letters are supported.

Thanks, Bastien.  :) I appreciate the clarity in the manual.

Just so you know my use case:

I have 49 todo keywords and will have a few more soon, so I
will keep using . ? - = + ( ) ' ; .

Non-alpha are useful mnemonically for me.  For example, ? is
for QUESTION.

I specify my keywords using a struct:

  (make-alpha-kw :key "." :kw "NEXTREPEAT" :group :contingent
                 :face '(:inherit org-todo
                         :weight normal))

If I want modifiers, I add :mod.

This gets mapped into the org-todo-keywords string.

The advantage for me is that it keeps the keys and the
modifier semantics separate.  Also, it allows me to keep all
keyword-related information, currently including faces and
todo groups, together.

The drawback for me is that org-todo-keywords combines the separate
items into strings (so modifier symbols can't be used).  :/ Allowing more
symbols would be useful for me.

If anybody wants the struct definition and mapper, I will
extract and post them.

Samuel