Re: [O] How to integrate org-mode in a MS Windows-/Office-based environm

From: Brett Viren
Subject: Re: [O] How to integrate org-mode in a MS Windows-/Office-based environment?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:10:14 -0400

Hi Martin,

M <address@hidden> writes:

> One example of helpful integration: if I send or get an e-mail which I want
> to follow-up on later, I want to track that in org-mode and I want to have a
> way to quickly find the original message in Outlook again (to reply or
> forward it or whatever), which can be done with hyperlinks.

You can simplify making links to your email messages by creating a
custom link abbreviation assuming there is some uniquely identifying
chunk of the URL to use as a key.

Here are examples using google search and maps:

;; in .emacs
(setq org-link-abbrev-alist
      '(
        ("google"   . "http://www.google.com/search?q=";)