[O] Showing or going to previous entry from agenda view

From: Karl Voit
Subject: [O] Showing or going to previous entry from agenda view
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:09:10 +0200

Hi!

Following scenario: I see my (daily) agenda, go to a meeting (which
is scheduled regularly) and press Enter.

This jumps to the Org-mode file of this entry which has got
following (sub-)structure in the file:

* Project
  * Person X
    * <timestamp> Meeting 1
    * <timestamp> Meeting 2
    * <timestamp> Meeting 3
    * <timestamp> Meeting 4

But what Org-mode shows me when I jump directly from agenda view to
lets say «Meeting 3» is following:

* Project
  * Person X...
    * <timestamp> Meeting 3
    * <timestamp> Meeting 4

So Meeting 1 and 2 are «hidden» like being in a sparse tree. Please
do not misunderstand: This behavior is somewhat fine to me.

BUT: I also want to be able to quickly jump to «Meeting 2» when I

C-c C-p (outline-previous-visible-heading) jumps from «Meeting 3»
directly to the previous *visible* heading «Person X» and not to
«Meeting 2».

So I always end up going up, pressing TAB to expand the whole
subtree and then I start «searching» for the current Meeting once
again - which is obviously kina annoying to me :-(

I am sure, that you have got a tipp that provides me either a
heading (outline-previous-heading does not exist) or something else
I did not think about :-)

Thanks for that!

--
Karl Voit