Re: [O] take the name of org-class event from heading

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] take the name of org-class event from heading
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:18:46 -0400

Enda <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Couldn't I have
> >>
> >> ** Class
> >> %%(org-class 2009 2 16 2009 4 20 1 10) 7:00pm-9:00pm
> >>
> >> ?
> >>

> >Of course you could.
>
> But then the name of the event, in this case 'Class', would not appear in the
> agenda.

If you want it in the agenda, then add it. My point was what if I want a
different name to appear in the agenda than the name of the headline? If
we hardwire the headline as the event name, then we will *always* get
that.

Nothing stops you of course from modifying org-class so that it does
what you want. I just raised a possible problem.

Nick

PS. In general, short questions like this are better answered on IRC:
misunderstandings can be resolved more quickly. Email is not a good
medium for chatting like this: it is better used when you are willing to
commit the time to prepare a more complete question: "I tried *this*, I
got *that*, I would like to get *something else* - is that possible and
if so how?" with a fair amount of explanation of what *this*, *that* and
the *something else* are.