Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Using Org for a dissertation
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:39:16 +0100

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

>> 1) Section labels and other in-document references.  It's nice that
>> Org
>> generates these on export, but I need to be able to assign and use
>> labels that will not change if the document is reordered.  I know I
>> can
>> simply add such labels via a \label command, but I am worried that
>> using
>> them in addition to Org's autogenerated labels might cause numbering
>> problems in LaTeX.
>>

> I've not run into any such problems.  I tend to construct all of my
> labels through Org-mode (which works well for export to both HTML and
> LaTeX).

Could you describe how to do section links and references from within
Org.  I have tried to figure this out for a while now.  The only
solution I can find (on Worg) depends on precise section names, which is
not so stable.  I use the new latex export engine

> [2] http://gitweb.adaptive.cs.unm.edu/dissertation.git/tree

This link is unfortunately dead.

–Rasmus

--