Re: [O] new exporter

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:19:23 +0200

Nicolas Goaziou writes:
> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It apparently croaks on the runtime use of cl macros and/or functions,
>> but just exactly how is a mystery to me.
>
> org-element uses `every' twice. Since this function doesn't belong to cl
> but cl-extra, could it be the source of the problem?

Dunno.  I have just rid org-element and org-export of all cl macros
(incf, decf, loop, case, ...) and things start to compile correctly.
But that is too big a hammer obviously.  The use of cl macros at compile
time is officially sanctioned, so the reason for this must be that you
violate some assumption about their use or capture symbols used by the
byte compiler.

> If so, it may be worth a try to remove them from code base.

I'd start with the uses of macros inside let clauses.  These look really
fishy to me some of those symbols look like something the byte-compiler
might use itself: count, line, etc.  It is clear by now that something
throws the byte-compiler off really hard.

Regards,
Achim.