Re: [O] [babel] session initialization (was RE: python/babel inline imag

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] session initialization (was RE: python/babel inline images)
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 20:18:09 -0600

"Mikhail Titov" <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> > I would recommend using the `default-directory' variable.  That should
>> > hold the value of the directory of the Org-mode file or the value of the
>> > :dir header argument if present.
>>
>> Huh... now it works... I remember I've tried before but for some reason it
>> was nil.. maybe typo though I have AC.
>>
>> The only trick [1] is to use (file-truename default-directory) as Matlab
>> does not like ~.
>
> Turns out this does not work for octave for some reason. default-directory
> points to my home folder.
>
> Also I'm getting "ansi-color-process-output: Marker does not point anywhere"
> for Octave. So I have to C-c a couple of times on the block for the first
> time. First evaluation just launches session but breaks because of that
> error. Second time (when session is up) C-c works just fine and dumps
> result. Non-session version of Octave works as expected. I wonder if it is
> something Windows-specific... I can see test on :session for Octave and
> Achim Gratz said it passed tests.
>
> The problem occurs to me with git version of ob-octave.el as well. So I'm
> confident it is not me who broke something during experiments :-)
>
> Any idea? Matlab works just fine (session)!
>
> I'm afraid I'll leave all the things as is for now. Maybe someone else can
> fix it later.

Unfortunately the developer of matlab/octave support for Babel no longer
tracks this list, and I have no access to matlab/octave, so while I'm
happy to offer advice and commit patches I can't really improve support
for these languages.

RE: default-directory pointing to your home directory, my guess would be
that at the beginning of the `org-babel-execute:octave'
default-directory has the desired value, but then within the octave
comint buffer the value changes, so it should still be possible to use
`default-directory'.

The ansi-color-process-output stuff sounds like something that
octave-mode should be taking care of, i.e., not something directly
related to Org-mode.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

--
Eric Schulte